Thursday, September 22, 2005

Diving into the blogosphere

After a day with David Warlick, I was excited to come home and dive into the blogosphere. Wow! It's a big world, but so well connected. I subscribed to bloglines (blog aggregator) and del.icio.us (web-based social bookmarker). I found some blogs to subscribe to also. Here I am blogging again for the 2nd time in one day. Now the only thing I'm wondering about is what took me so long to get my feet wet?

I found this article about intelligence in the age of the Internet. Check it out.

3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Dan Blackburn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:16 AM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Joe P said...

I am energized that you are in the blogosphere. I look forward to hearing the MMS techno-happenings from the human voice your professional blog represents.

 
At 5:53 AM, September 24, 2005, Blogger David Warlick said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Tecfac, and thanks for the link to the article. I read something a few weeks ago about how IQ has been rising since 1947, and the curve started a dramatic upturn in the 1970s. The researchers are at a loss as to what is causing it, because some very facinating research indecates that IQ (or general intelligence) is related more to our genes than any other factor. Their conclusion is that it is technology. Specifically, it is technologies such as digital watches that can perform 25 functions with only three buttons. Reasoning is required to operate it, reasoning that I can not accomplish, resulting in my having given up digital watches twenty years ago.

I think that the mistake is that we tend to compare todays intellegence with yesterdays notion of being smart. Instead, we should compare today's intellegence with todays challenges.

2ยข worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home